WHAT TO DO AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE
- Expect aftershock.
- Check yourself for injuries.
- Protect yourself by wearing long pants long-sleeved shirts, sturdy boots and gloves
- If able to do so, check others for injuries, and give them first aid where appropriate
- Listen to battery-operated radios, mobile phones or televisions of the latest emergency information
- Check your home for damage, and get everyone out if it is unsafe
- Look for, and extinguish all small fires
- If the house has an outside propane tank, manually turn it off the main valve on the tank as soon as it is safe to do so
- If there is a possibility of any electrical system damage, turn off the main power breaker
- If there is any damage to any water or sewer lines, have the main water supply shut off, and avoid using toilets, etc
PROPANE TANKS DO NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF. IF THERE IS A BREAK IN THE IN LINE GAS WILL BE RELEASED