In The Event of An Emergency Announcement
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BLOCK CAPTAINS
- Once an Emergency has been announced, collect your vest and clipboard and commence.
- Proceed to each residence in your assigned area, and deliver the Evacuation Alert / Order / Information to each occupying resident.
- Establish the status of the residence, using the coloured flagging tape as noted below.
- A 24″ length of this tape is to be tied to a prominent, visible location on each residence, typically the entrance door handle, to signify its’ status.
- Record the status of the residence on the form attached to the assignment.
- The Incident Commander will then determine what follow-up will occur for houses that have been marked with BLUE tape.
- If requested, provide any assistance to the homeowner, but only to the extent one feels capable of, and only after all residences in your assigned area have been made aware of the emergency.
- Remain in the area until the Incident Commander or Emergency Personnel have been provided with the checklist, and you has been released to leave.
EMERGENCY EVACUATION TAPE COLOURS